With summer on its way, your number one priority when it comes to home comfort is to keep your family cool and comfortable all season long.
And when most people think about keeping cool, they immediately think an air conditioner is their only choice.
Now, you might be wondering: How does a heat pump cool your home?
Read on to find out.
What is a heat pump, exactly?
Just as its name implies, a heat pump takes heat from one location and pumps it into another.
During the cooler autumn months, a heat pump takes any outdoor warm air that’s present and funnels it throughout your home.
Now, there is one noticeable difference between a heat pump and something like a furnace:
- Furnaces create heat, which requires electricity and oil.
- Heat pumps move existing heat, which means no extra energy is needed to generate heat.
And much like a traditional central air system, heat pumps are installed outside of the home.
Okay….but how does a heat pump cool your home?
Firstly, you probably have examples of heat pump technology already in your house with appliances like:
- Wine cooler.
- Window-mounted air conditioner.
Remember earlier in this blog, it was mentioned that heat pumps take warm air from the outside and brings it inside?
Heat pump cooling works in reverse. Warm air is taken from inside your home and is expelled outside.
There are many advantages to using heat pump cooling:
- Incredible energy-efficiency keeps more money where it belongs: In your pocket.
- One unit keeps your home cool in summer and warm in winter.
- No temperature fluctuations (i.e. burst of uncomfortably cold air) during start-up.
- Eco-friendly technology is ideal for the environment.
Think about it. You probably have a traditional home heating system like a furnace and home cooling system like an air conditioner.
A heat pump doesn’t replace those items. Instead, they’ll do most of the work for them.
Your furnace or air conditioner will kick-in to give your heat pump a little boost whenever it needs it.
Heat pumps vs. air conditioning
Now, both heat pump cooling and air conditioning get the job done when it comes to delivering and maintaining comfort.
But there are some advantages heat pump cooling delivers which an AC cannot:
- Heat pumps cool and warm your home.
- Air conditioners warm your home only.
- Heat pumps run all year long. No need to turn them on and off with the seasons.
- Air conditioners are seasonal appliances.
- Heat pumps change the temperature of a room almost instantly when paired with a smart thermostat.
- Air conditioners take a bit (but not much) longer to change the temperature.
Heat pump cooling is protected with regular maintenance
Summer in Chatham-Kent and surrounding areas can get quite hot.
Heat pump maintenance from Handy Bros. ClimateCare ensures your unit runs problem-free all season long by taking care of things like:
- Filter cleaning and replacement.
- Fan lubrication.
- Condensing coil and fin cleaning.
- Heat pump inspection.
And should anything go wrong with your unit, heat pump repairs get the cool (or warm) air flowing again quickly.
Consider heat pump cooling this summer
If you’re looking for a cost-effective home cooling solution which doesn’t sacrifice comfort or performance, heat pump cooling is just what you’re looking for.
And with fair and flexible financing options for you to choose from, you can get your new unit without breaking the bank.
Contact us with your questions or comments about heat pump cooling. A member of our team will get back to you ASAP with the information you need.